Discipleship Training School
Next DTS starts July 13, 2017
WHAT IS DTS?
The DTS is an intensive five-month training School consisting of two phases.
Phase I: LECTURES
The Lecture Phase is an interactive 11 weeks of training in a classroom setting with 1 week of outreach in Romania. In this phase, speakers from around the world will share their experiences and cover a new topic each week, including: Hearing God’s Voice, The Father Heart of God, Interpreting Scripture, Biblical Worldview, Cross-Cultural Evangelism, and many more!
Phase II: OUTREACH
The Outreach Phase is a two-month outreach where you will be able to apply all you have learned, on the mission-field. Due to the high numbers of refugees in Europe and the many needs and new opportunities for ministry, our next outreach will most likely be in Europe. The exact nation or nations will be determined and communicated as soon as this information is available.
What is the Purpose of DTS?
- To GATHER and CHALLENGE people to worship, listen to and obey God, releasing them (in the context of the DTS) to serve through evangelism, intercession, acts of compassion and other expressions of God's heart for the world, possibly even pioneering new ministries.
- To INSPIRE and CULTIVATE growth in one's relationship with God resulting in Christ-like character, which is based on a solid Biblical foundation, the work of the Holy Spirit and the personal application of Biblical truth, especially concerning God's Character, the Cross and empowering Grace.
- To SHARPEN one's ability to relate to, learn from and work with people, including those of different cultures, personalities and perspectives.
- To further EQUIP each one to serve God's purposes either in or outside of YWAM Family of Ministries, strengthening a commitment to reach the lost, especially the unreached, to care for the poor, and to influence all areas of society.
- To IMPART the vision and foundational values of Youth With A Mission International as well as that of the host operating location and to provide information regarding a variety of opportunities for service.
More information on the Purpose of DTS can be found on the YWAM International DTS Centre website.
YWAM Constanta DTS 2017
|Start Date||13th July 2017
|Language||English & Romanian|
Lecture Phase: Fees are determined using YWAM’s Category of Nations List created and approved by the University of the Nations International Leadership Team. The Lecture Phase Fees are reduced for categories B and C in an effort to make the DTS more accessible for students of developing nations.
You can access the list of countries here: Category of Nations
Although Romania is a category B nation according to the U of N, Romanians pay the category C fee for Lecture Phase. Romanians residing in category A nations pay category B fees.
Immigration: Students are responsible to acquire a visa to enter Romania if needed, and to pay any extra fees associated to their immigration extension or status separately. We will apply for a visa extension during the school for non-Europeans. The cost is approximately $300 USD.
|Outreach Phase: The Outreach Phase Fee is 1500 Euros for all students and includes airfare, visa for outreach locations, food, housing, sight-seeing, and transportation during the outreach.|
Both phases must be completed and paid to receive the University of the Nations (UofN) graduate credit.
After you have submitted your online application:
Printable applications are available for download here.
The Discipleship Training School is registered with Youth With A Mission’s University of the Nations (UofN). DTS is a prerequisite to many YWAM courses and gains credits towards a University of the Nations degree. For more information on the University of the Nations visit: www.uofn.edu